The Athletic Program Coordinator reports to the Athletic Director and supports the Director, Assistant Athletic Director, Director of Aquatics and staff members in the administration of all Athletic Department activities and is responsible for organizing the workload and initiating best office practices and procedures to contribute to the efficient and responsive operation of the Athletic Department. The position functions with minimum supervision and must exercise independent judgment in performing all duties to include, but not be limited to:
- Coordination of general office duties such as: answer phones, distribute mail, file and retrieve department documents, records and reports; assist the Athletic Director with meeting planning and scheduling, maintain office equipment, supplies inventory and coordinate the overall operations of the department
- Responsible for creating or assisting in the creation of department PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, email blasts, and all internal and external communications; composes, edits and distributes minutes from department meetings
- Responsible for coordinating travel arrangements for department as needed
- Responsible for the scheduling and activities of student workers in collaboration with coaching staff, to include scheduling of Game Day staffing and will have primary responsibility for creating and distributing flyers, schedules and other activities critical to the success of Game Day
- Performs in a lead capacity in organizing all Athletic Department special events, to include sports banquets, tailgates, athletic kick-offs, department celebrations, etc.
- Will serve as a primary contact to Human Resources to facilitate proper onboarding and completion of paperwork for all new hires to the Athletic Department, to include, staff, student workers, coaching assistants, graduate assistants, etc.
- Maintains an up-to-date authorized driver list for Athletic personnel and coordinates with Human Resources and National to ensure proper and current documentation is on file.
- Supports Athletic Director and staff in the timely filing of all NCAA certification forms, squad list, drug consent forms as required by NCAA and all affiliated conferences
- Serves as an Athletic Department liaison with the Panther Club and attend meetings and events as required
- Responsible for planning and overseeing all intramural activities
- SAAC Advisor
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by Human Resources
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with students, faculty, staff, alumni and community leaders
- Excellent analytic, organization and problem solving skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Requires strong computer software skills such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of athletic program operations and NCAA compliance matters is preferred
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communication effectively with students, staff and faculty .