Under the direct supervision of the Registrar, this position provides support to the Office of the Registrar at LaGrange College. In consultation with the Registrar and Associate Registrar, the Assistant to the Registrar is the first point of contact within the Registrar’s Office and assists in all areas to contribute to the efficient and responsive operation of the office. Using effective communication and problem-solving skills, the Assistant to the Registrar must be able to interpret policies as related to academic records and deal with information that is sensitive or confidential. The Assistant to the Registrar must have the ability to handle a high- volume area with accuracy and a positive attitude.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Provides guidance and advice on academic policies related to the Registrar’s Office to students, staff and faculty
- Responds to inquiries and resolves issues with students, staff and members of the public
- Accesses confidential student records in order to conduct research in order to resolve academic related issues
- Manages requests for academic transcripts for current students and alumni via Parchment transcript services
- Processes change of major requests, enrollment and degree verification requests and change of student information requests
- Coordinates the work flow of work study students
- Assists in registration and enrollment of students
- Generates reports and data utilizing SQL, Access and Banner
- Assists in transfer evaluations as needed
- Assists in building schedule course offerings as needed
- General knowledge of the Veterans Affairs (VA) certifying processes
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Outlook. Knowledge and use of Excel and ACCESS a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty and the general public
- Must maintain confidentiality of information
Bachelor or associate degree and three years of clerical, administrative or office management experience. Or, the equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education as approved by Human Resources. Prior administrative experience in a higher education a plus.