|Title:||Assistant Professor, Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program|
LaGrange College is seeking an experienced, highly qualified candidate to fill a ten-month, tenure-track faculty appointment with a start date of 1 August 2018 in the Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program. The highly motivated candidate will possess a professional identity in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, a desire to communicate the art and science of counseling to master’s-level students, and an appreciation of the small liberal arts institutions. In addition, the candidate should have experience in the process of accreditation as it relates to CACREP requirements and guidelines. Position will remain open until filled.
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited program
- Licensed Professional Counselor (or license-eligible) in the state of Georgia
- Experience teaching in a graduate program in clinical mental health counseling
- Experience practicing as a clinical mental health counselor
- Ability to teach a range of clinical mental health counseling courses, including Research and Program Evaluation, Multicultural Counseling (Social and Cultural Diversity), Lifespan Development, Individual Analysis, Family Counseling, and Career Counseling.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocacy, social justice, and multicultural competencies
Located one hour south of Atlanta, LaGrange is a four-year liberal arts and sciences college offering 54 academic pre-professional and professional programs. Home to more than 1,000 students and affiliated with the United Methodist Church, the college is typically ranked among Southern comprehensive colleges by U.S. News and World Report. The city of LaGrange has a population of 30,000+ and is an inviting community with a sense of traditional Southern charm and old-fashioned hospitality, LaGrange is home to Fortune 500 companies, historic landmarks, unique shops, and restaurants for every taste. Area attractions, for children and adults, range from fine arts, including an art center, symphony, and performing arts to great outdoor life, including Callaway Gardens, West Point Lake, Pine Mountain, and FDR State Park. LaGrange also provides its residents an excellent recreational program. For more information about the city of LaGrange and the surrounding area, please check with the LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce.