The Web Designer is a front-end Web developer who creates college Web content and applications and is responsible for the overall look, feel and usefulness of World Wide Web content. He or she defines and manages policies and procedures for Web page creation, and serves as the primary contact with outside Web vendors. The Designer also produces a range of digital marketing content.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Guides LaGrange College’s long-term Web strategies.
- Manages college Web content and Web applications.
- Is responsible for the overall look, feel and usefulness of World Wide Web content.
- Defines procedures for Web page creation and continued development, as well as for the phase-out of outdated pages
- Manages Web content contributors and gives advice and guidance to departments who wish to post content.
- Serves as primary contact with outside Web consultants; secures outside services as needed.
- Evaluates usability and accessibility for all potential site users; tracks website usage, and measures and assesses website performance.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing and works with the CM staff to develop templates for each of the major levels of the website.
- Works with the CM staff to develop and implement Web standards that support the college’s visual identity program and other Communications policies.
- Provides content for the college’s social media networks and related marketing initiatives.
- Creates and maintains e-commerce applications that serve the institution’s fundraising efforts, bookstore, ticketing and events registration.
- Leverages mass e-mail marketing technologies to accomplish recruitment and fundraising goals.
- Serves as college photographer to support both Web and non-Web Communications and Marketing vehicles.
- Provides Digital Asset Management oversight.
- Oversees administration of the institution’s Web server.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field and proven experience in Web design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Web development and knowledge of new and emerging Web technologies and techniques.
- Ability to communicate new media/technology functionality to non-technology audiences.
- Outstanding written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a customer-service orientation and the ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to write necessary code for custom applications.
- Design and photography skills necessary to strategically position the college both across print and electronic media.
- Thorough understanding of Web server performance and maintenance.
- Ability to develop and deploy email campaigns.
In addition to a resume, please also attach samples of websites, design and photography.