The primary responsibilities of the LaGrange College Fund Gift Officer will be the cultivation and solicitation of alumni and donor friends for their annual support to LaGrange College while managing a portfolio of 300 LaGrange College Fund donors to ensure completion of the dollar and the alumni participation goals each year.
Other duties will include, but not limited to:
- Complete 75 face-to-face visits per year with primary responsibility for soliciting, renewing, and upgrading gifts to the LaGrange College Fund.
- Develop and carry out action plans for cultivating and soliciting donors and prospects.
- Work with the Development Communication Specialist to coordinate Social Media fundraising efforts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LaGrange College Fund e-mail solicitations, etc.).
- Work with the Alumni Relations Office to organize continuing education programs in the areas of Nursing and Education to increase alumni participation.
- Assist in the development of the annual giving program operational plan which may include responsibilities for the Scholarship Donor Appreciation mailings and luncheon, Business and Community Leaders luncheon, support of the Alumni Executive Council, Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiatives and other short-term, focused campaigns such as Greek Challenges, Young Alumni activities and/or other fundraising tactics designed to maximize gifts in the under $1,000 category.
- Collaborate with major gift officers to identify prospects who may be appropriate for major gift cultivation and solicitation.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and thoughtful planning in the use and care of all College resources, including staff and student time; funds budgeted for travel, telephone, events or other activities; property such as vehicles, computers, cell phones, etc.
- Complete documentation requirements for the position including correspondence, contact and call reports, expense reports and reimbursements, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Recruit and support volunteers to maximize alumni giving and participation rates.
- As required, participate in cultivation and other campus events, including Homecoming.
- Participate actively in all required and requested meetings, openly contributing ideas and suggestions to strengthen the College’s development program.
- Assist colleagues in other duties as assigned to meet the challenges and opportunities of LaGrange College’s development goals.
- Participate in professional development activities as suggested/needed, including regular participation in campus and community activities that will enhance donor contacts.
- Work may include evenings and weekends.
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty and students.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of successful higher education fundraising preferred or the equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education as approved by Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong organizational skills and capacity to determine priorities; ability to manage several development activities and strategies simultaneously while maintaining timeframes; excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; personal demonstrated traits of integrity, discretion, patience, persistence, good judgment and strong sense of self; experience in or capacity to learn and articulate concepts of planned giving and plan foundation and corporate giving strategies; valid driver’s license and good driving record; personal car available when necessary; proficient computer skills, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge software.
The job profile document is intended to be generic in nature. It is not intended to specify all duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Additional job functions and the need to work a flexible work schedule may vary based on specific requirements of the department and the College.
LaGrange College is an equal opportunity employer. Persons applying to LaGrange College for employment may be required to submit to a national background check.