|Title:||Department Chair, Nursing|
General Statement of Duties: Full-time, tenure-track position (rank open), to teach a range of courses leading to the BS degree in Nursing. Potential courses to teach may include but are not limited to: Leadership, Research, Medical-Surgical nursing, Health Assessment and Foundations and On-line degree completion courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Chair the Department of Nursing
2. Teach a total of 18 hours per fiscal year.
3. Supervise student preceptorships.
4. Provide student assistance including academic advising.
5. Attend college functions, including commencement; convocation; and faculty, committee and departmental meetings.
6. Participate in scheduled orientation and registration of new students.
7. Manage course schedules.
8. Assist in the recruitment of students and lead the Admissions Committee of the nursing department.
9. Negotiate contracts related to clinical facility use of students.
10. Provide leadership in ongoing evaluation of Program and Student Outcomes.
11. Maintain documentation on preceptors and clinical adjuncts, including license verification.
12. Conduct yearly faculty evaluations.
1. Earned terminal degree in Nursing.
2. Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
3. Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching and clinical experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
4. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of higher education environment and of current student development theory and research.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Strong organizational and people leadership skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of students, staff, faculty, alumni, donors, industry partners, and community.
Please apply online at http://jobs.lagrange.edu. Please include a letter of interest, a current CV, and the names of at least three professional references.