Under the direct supervision of the Department Chair, this position provides administrative support to the Department of Business and Nonprofit Studies at LaGrange College and is responsible for organizing the workload and initiating best office practices and procedures to contribute to the efficient and responsive operation of the office.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized office, including handling reception duties, telephone, mail, faxing, filing, copying, typing, expense reporting, editing, bill paying, ordering supplies, supervising work study students and supporting faculty as needed.
- Coordinate the Department's social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The candidate should be comfortable with all of these apps as well as digital photography
- Collect, organize, and manage data for the Department’s assessment efforts, especially with regards to the ACBSP. This will require excellent Word and Excel skills. Some knowledge of statistical analysis would be helpful.
- Coordinate and administer special events for the Department. This may require staying after normal business hours on rare occasions.
- Assist faculty with advising duties by preparing degree audits, coordinating the DAP, and communicating with students about major declaration, graduation petitions, and other matters.
- Make travel arrangements and reservations
Bachelor or associate degree and three years of clerical, administrative, secretarial or office management experience. Or, the equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education as approved by Human Resources. Prior administrative experience in a higher education environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge of Banner preferred
- Excellent social media skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty and alumni
- Detail oriented
- Enthusiasm and desire to work with college-age students