|Department:||Graduate Assistant Appointment|
The Office of Global Engagement is offering an exciting opportunity for someone who is technically savvy, globally minded, and seeks to gain experience in the field of International Education. The Graduate Assistant provides essential support for students interested in studying abroad and for international students studying at LaGrange College. They will also assists in promoting global awareness on campus. He/she will have a role in the planning, marketing, and execution of student programming.
Hours: Flexible schedule (between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm) Monday-Friday. Up to 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities performed under supervision and with guidance from the Program Coordinator will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage OGE social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining Terra Dotta, the study abroad database, course approvals, student files, etc.
- Advise students on education abroad application process.
- Assist international students in adjusting academically, emotionally, and culturally to LaGrange College.
- Assist in the implementation of the annual study abroad fair, Go Global, and International Education Week as well as the International Student Orientation.
- Daily administrative duties such as doing research; collecting, analyzing and reporting on data; preparing materials for events; keeping detailed records; assisting with office functions; monitoring the main OGE email account and responding to student inquiries.
- Create marketing materials to promote study abroad programs and international events.
- Assist and participate in all events and workshops run by the OGE.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program at time of assistantship.
- Experience living, working, and/or studying abroad.
- Computer skills - Required: Microsoft Office, Excel, social media platforms. Preferred: web design, HTML
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Enthusiasm for international education, cross cultural awareness, and an ability to work with a diverse student population.